Skip to main content

So We Did A Thing

OMGRRRD! I never would have thought to make a blog in a million years, so to say. I was diagnosed with bipolar, PTSD, ADHD and schizoaffective disorders. I believe because I was drinking and having an erratic sleep schedule on bipolar meds caused my Dr at the time to diagnose me with schizoaffective disorder. In the last week or so I was declassified as being schizoaffective!! Can I tell you how huge this is, I feel like I wasn't and that it was a misdiagnosis. I have been on such a great path for conquering stigma and living my best life possible.

I love quotes, they help spark my creativity and this one is from a favorite book:

“When you come out of the grips of a depression there is an incredible relief, but not one you feel allowed to celebrate. Instead, the feeling of victory is replaced with anxiety that it will happen again, and with shame and vulnerability when you see how your illness affected your family, your work, everything left untouched while you struggled to survive. We come back to life thinner, paler, weaker … but as survivors. Survivors who don’t get pats on the back from coworkers who congratulate them on making it. Survivors who wake to more work than before because their friends and family are exhausted from helping them fight a battle they may not even understand. I hope to one day see a sea of people all wearing silver ribbons as a sign that they understand the secret battle, and as a celebration of the victories made each day as we individually pull ourselves up out of our foxholes to see our scars heal, and to remember what the sun looks like.”
― Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things 

Jenny Lawson is my favorite modern author and since reading about her battles and triumphs of her life with mental health illness.

I was fired from Party Reflections on May 9th, 2019 and it sucked. It hurt my ego because I didn't even make it to my 60 days. I felt I was tasked with a giant hoop to jump through to get to my task I was hired to do in the future. I was hired to do AutoCad but I had to learn to be a tent puller first. I wasn't even happy for the most part even though I looked forward to going to work almost every day.

I became depressed but I have learned and have made my motto: "Do the next step!". I had such a great support network and they helped me not be so depressed. Sarah, MJ, my sister, Erin, Krystal, my Dad, Timothy, Matt, and my therapist. I am always grateful, I believe. I was doing all the proper steps, filing for unemployment, looking for work and dong side jobs in the meantime.

So in the past, the ASM at Queen Park Social has asked me if I knew any good hosts or twice asked me if I would like a job there. So the last time I took the job. I accepted begrudgingly but I needed to work. I love working and I work hard. I am grateful for God placing in his heart that I'd be a good fit. So I like working there and I feel like I'm a good fit. I think I messed up or was only supposed to be at party reflections for a time. I wasn't a good fit but they liked me as a person, so that made getting fired that much more difficult.

The nice thing about my support group is they know my mental illness or at least that I have mental illnesses. They all were happy for me. I handled depression and it didn't get me in its grips. I still am situationally depressed because I know that this job won't meet my needs to survive.
I am a survivor and will continue to grow and thrive.

Recently I told Dad that I would love to not struggle someday and he said that's never gonna happen. He was just being realistic about the human condition. I just wish that I didn't have bipolar kind of struggle.

So this is my celebration that I can have amazing will power and drive to overcome depression.
My down dosing of Lamictal and Abilify has been amazing, I am very happy to have a sober life free from alcohol. I won't be taken down and I will continue to uplift my friends and community.

-One Love

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...