Skip to main content

A Heart Bright Like the Sun

When I came to this crossroad, I met this lovely young lady.

She had no face and I could only see her soul.

I knelt down beside her and said how is your soul is so radiant?

She said when you center yourself, you enter the state of allowing yourself to see all that is good and evil.

She was the one meant for me and her soul was as bright as the sun.

I took the road to the left and never saw her again.

The next day I came back and there was no light at the crossroad but a black heart.

What is the moral of the story?

This is how I feel.

No one is for certain who you will meet at each crossroad of our lives.

Don't lose a chance to make something out of each crossroad.

Then I picked up that heart put it in the pocket on my sleeve and wore it there for all the world to see.

I walked across a tiny wooden bridge where I met a man with no soul just a mangled face.

We spoke about the people on this road.

We talked till sunset.

He said I can give you what you need.

He wanted to buy a page of my story in exchange that he would revive her.

He goes on, give me your hearts and I will make you one.

I gave the gnarled-faced man, our hearts to be intertwined.

He pushed them together, fusing them in a great ball of light that escaped with colors the likes that the world has ne'r seen before.

Hope was born.

She never came back but I had a newfound appreciation for love.

Love is not always going to be handed to us, it's never easy, can't be bought, and always comes with a price.

I wanted to find love but the mangled-faced man gave me hope.

It is so strange what the darkness brings and how it brings out the light in places where you would never see it.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS, I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent.  Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day.  I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there e...