Skip to main content

Father's Day 2020

Happy Father's day to the biggest influence in my life. It's not because you adopted me. It's because you cultivated what was in me. You told me if you want to play ice hockey, you need to learn to skate... I was a natural because I needed the basic fundamentals I learned. My dad assistant coached a few years of baseball. I was that typical daisy picking kid in center field but we stuck it out and I became a great catcher and center fielder. 

When I got very ill in my freshman year he was like... I wish you didn't live on campus but he still let me come home. You are the honest reason I want to be a Dad. Through all the ups and downs life has thrown me, you are always there. I don't enjoy politics but I still let you ramble on. You may not be Mom but you're what I need in a Dad. 

Whenever there are dads playing silly games with their kids I'm like I want that. I want to be like him. I understand it costs a lot of time and money to adopt me but I'm glad you didn't give up on me. As an adult you know I made my choice to stay here in Charlotte, a few reasons, you know Florida is god's waiting room and it's just so humid but I still loved to visit. the biggest one is I believe I'm called to help this city, I want to help special needs families all over Charlotte just like you took care of Jasper and me. All the holidays I've missed with you and Mom, they hurt my heart so much that I want to be like you because you worked with me to get down to Florida after them. I wish was a normal guy but in all reality, you still love me for who I am and where I am headed. I love you for being my Dad.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...