Skip to main content

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS,

I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent. 

Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day. 

I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there early when I'm being responsible and the bus may have come already because it was ahead of time or it will come 15 mins or later sometimes.

As for drivers, my drivers have been better overall but I've pulled the chord and they've passed my stop due to talking with a passenger or possibly being tired. Passengers really shouldn't be allowed to carry on conversations with the driver. I've even seen non working employees chat with the driver. It's just distracting for the driver. 

Monday the driver for the 56 off of the Arrowood stop started to pull off when the riders were getting off the train. We had to flag them down to not take off.

I'm sure there's a shortage of drivers and I certainly know my limitations as a driving individual but train our drivers a little bit more or differently. My driver one night asked another driver if the 7th street detour was still going on but didn't call dispatch and wasted time driving towards it then had to take a detour to the detour. I've waited for drivers to come while there was a bus sitting in the bay to take off past the take off time. I've even sat long excruciating periods of time waiting for the 27 to pull into the bay with no bus for 10 - 15 mins shouldn't a bus be sent to replace it so it leaves on time.

I've had to ride around the Epicenter to get to the other side instead of letting the passengers off before changing route names and it was time costly. It does seem more drivers are changing that now. We got off without turning into the center or driving around today. 

Well something I do enjoy is the light rail line. It brings me joy to see expansion. The drivers seem to be pretty on top of things.

Well, I figured I'd write you first and not be a social media whore. 

Thank you for reading this,

Joshua Harke

Popular posts from this blog

Advice to a Dear Friend

Joshua: "How's work?" Erin: "Can't complain. Running my team today. I get nervous. Learning curve" Joshua: "Oh... Hun, you got this!" “Inevitably we find ourselves tackling too many things at the same time, spreading our focus so thin that nothing gets the attention it deserves. This is commonly referred to as "being busy." Being busy, however, is not the same thing as being productive.” ― Ryder Carroll, The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future   Joshua: "I'm looking up quotes about multitasking but everyone seems to have issues with it. So my advice is to just focus on the task at hand and move on to the next." "If they need something and you need something as far as learning, just ask questions." Erin: On her iPhone, loves the quote. In my head slacker... hahaha! Just kidding. Erin: "I love your advice. Now that's legit boss guidance, thanks."

A Heart Bright Like the Sun

When I came to this crossroad, I met this lovely young lady. She had no face and I could only see her soul. I knelt down beside her and said how is your soul is so radiant? She said when you center yourself, you enter the state of allowing yourself to see all that is good and evil. She was the one meant for me and her soul was as bright as the sun. I took the road to the left and never saw her again. The next day I came back and there was no light at the crossroad but a black heart. What is the moral of the story? This is how I feel. No one is for certain who you will meet at each crossroad of our lives. Don't lose a chance to make something out of each crossroad. Then I picked up that heart put it in the pocket on my sleeve and wore it there for all the world to see. I walked across a tiny wooden bridge where I met a man with no soul just a mangled face. We spoke about the people on this road. We talked till sunset. He said I can give you what you nee

She Said

 I would like to think that I'm Spiritual, not religious but I read the religious text called the Bible. I also believe in love and I know that there are definitions of what love is versus what I've been showing to my last girlfriend.  1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; She read the greatest love and understood it to be about my love of first sight relationship or in retrospect the girlfriend it's about. The greatest love isn't about said girl but about the feelings around it and they can't be recreated because we are all different people. I understand that that relationship has ended, I hold on to the hope that there can be a love-at-first-sight relationship again. It doesn't have to actually happen but I want to look at the woman I love every day with that feeling. Because in that relationship the feeling went away, and I