Skip to main content

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS,

I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent. 

Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day. 

I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there early when I'm being responsible and the bus may have come already because it was ahead of time or it will come 15 mins or later sometimes.

As for drivers, my drivers have been better overall but I've pulled the chord and they've passed my stop due to talking with a passenger or possibly being tired. Passengers really shouldn't be allowed to carry on conversations with the driver. I've even seen non working employees chat with the driver. It's just distracting for the driver. 

Monday the driver for the 56 off of the Arrowood stop started to pull off when the riders were getting off the train. We had to flag them down to not take off.

I'm sure there's a shortage of drivers and I certainly know my limitations as a driving individual but train our drivers a little bit more or differently. My driver one night asked another driver if the 7th street detour was still going on but didn't call dispatch and wasted time driving towards it then had to take a detour to the detour. I've waited for drivers to come while there was a bus sitting in the bay to take off past the take off time. I've even sat long excruciating periods of time waiting for the 27 to pull into the bay with no bus for 10 - 15 mins shouldn't a bus be sent to replace it so it leaves on time.

I've had to ride around the Epicenter to get to the other side instead of letting the passengers off before changing route names and it was time costly. It does seem more drivers are changing that now. We got off without turning into the center or driving around today. 

Well something I do enjoy is the light rail line. It brings me joy to see expansion. The drivers seem to be pretty on top of things.

Well, I figured I'd write you first and not be a social media whore. 

Thank you for reading this,

Joshua Harke

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...