Skip to main content

New Year 2022 - Charge!!

People will tell you that you can't do something amazing and you're not special. The human condition is amazing you beat out every other sperm. You overcame infant mortality. Some of you have been through hell and back. So don't ever believe that you're not special. I know a lot of special people who would be missed if they weren't here who have made more impact on my life than any celebrity. 

You're one of a kind and if you're a twin you're even more special because you get to share a lifelong bond with someone that no one can take from you. You are an anomaly in everyway. We're not descendants of apes, we share similarities but you were designed to evolve, make critical choices and change the world around us. 

People have told me that I'm no one, a user, I'm never gonna amount to anything and that I shouldn't fullfil my heart's desire to be a husband and Dad. People have abused me, tried to character assassinate me, stolen from me, unfriended me, fought me, fired me, hired me, hired me back, promoted me, sent me to see my family when I couldn't get there, came to my mom's memorial, gave me amazing hugs, cards with beautiful sentiments, flowers (I cried, they were beautiful) became my friend again, loved me, watched me from a distance, and many have said you were proud of me.

Don't ever forget that you are loved and are be capable of being loved, you're special from your toes(if you can pick things up with them, awesome) to your head (I can't tie a cherry with my tongue). If you have a big heart, Keep going, you're extra special. If you're introverted or a little bit extraverted to being off your rocker, you're special. If you're quite like a mouse or Wiley like a coyote you're beautiful and no one can change you but you. 

Raise a glass 🥂 and toast to 2022 that you're a creation that is like no other.

My motto is "we are mortal men called to do more than mere mortal deeds". 

Here's to 2022 let's change some lives. Let's be legend- wait for it -dary! 🥂

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...