Skip to main content

What is a Valentine?!

Mom says that I used to love Valentine's day, we used to make a big deal about it with candy, stuffed animals and special dinners. I guess growing up sucks... I'm sure that's why I'm a romantic but the day feels dead to me even though it should be a symbolic day about reflecting on people who care about you and whom you care about. I don't really want a Valentine but I'll still share the love to all my friends.

I give thanks for my family, friends and the love of my life. Valentine's Day is one of the biggest commercial events. With that being said we should strive to live beyond the life of the holiday. We should show love to those in our lives continuously with the need to receive gifts or steak the day after.

We should be sending love notes, cards and writing sweet little nothings most of the time. If you're not mushy, that's fine, send a card with something thoughtful you're thinking at the moment. Not everything has to be mushy either, kind words of encouragement are always appreciated.

I love PDA but in the appropriate amounts. Constantly making out in front of everyone is nauseating, to your friends and other couples. Always show some kind of affection to each other, hold hands, kiss her on the forehead before sitting down, small things that are noticeably to few amounts of people.

You know what it's okay to say you love someone sober. Say I love you to your friends because it could change their whole day. We thrive on affection and some of us are affection deprived.

So I love all of you for reading this. Just take time from your day to hug someone and tell them you appreciate them.

-One love!

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...