Skip to main content

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown

Irreplaceable -
"adjective

incapable of being replaced; unique:
an irreplaceable vase."

I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive.

Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you.

My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of what we are all capable and capable of overcoming.

I've had friends that walk similar paths in life of destruction and love. One of my closest friends uses me for monetary gain even if he pays me back but this one I know loves me because he will talk me out of anxiety like I was a cat stuck in a tree that needed rescuing. I'm the type that can't let friends fall on their face. If you need a hand, I am more than willing to lend a hand up.

Friends that won't sugar coat things are friends we need even when the bottom falls out on life. She makes me have thicker skin... which we all need.

Those I have been lovers to in love with. Don't get so jealous that you don't see her true beauty and the fact she only has eyes for you. One of my girl friends was so completely jealous of my exes because they had me first. I was hardly jealous of her past because I wanted to be her future. I learned how to be mushy from a cheater... and it made me vindictive, downside... from being used to being truly loved is amazing and it helps lift burdens and gives us an amazing heart song.

So who I ultimately am... I'm a friend that would give my shirt for a friend and go without at many times. I'm a student of how to own my emotions and become more level headed and not think so much with my heart. I am a lover and a fighter even when chips are down and I'm almost out, I remember that I'm being loved and have been loved by many people I've touched over my lifetime. I am a rock and a shining knight ready for battle for his friends and lover.

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit filled vs religious vs spiritual

What is the difference between being religious, spiritual and spirit filled? Webster's dictionary says that being religious  is "relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity". Webster's dictionary says that being spiritual is "of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit or  concerned with religious values". According to the Collins English dictionary being spirit filled or the charismatic movement is this, " Christianity  any of various groups, within existing denominations, that emphasize communal prayer and the charismatic gifts of speaking in tongues, healing, etc". Here's my take on this, Jay Z said on  Watch the Throne, "You ain't gotta go to church to get to know yo' God" raps on the song Threat that he's killing people but it's a valid statement. I loved church, I guess but when life experiences change us as an young adult as in my bipolar manifestin...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS, I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent.  Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day.  I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there e...