Skip to main content

Illusionist


Illusionist

He took a quarter from behind your ear.

Made a box disappear.

Made water from a cage of pigeons.

I got everything I wanted and more.

I got to see everything.

What was most amazing was the melodic menagerie.

The harmony of the symphony.

Climactic elements swinging through the air.

 Elements melding, things disappearing in midair.

I think that I will never see anything as amazing as I did that night.

And then from that box that disappeared.

Appeared a smaller box.

Then he asked her to hold out her hand.

Placed the box in her hand, covered it.

Pulled the handkerchief away and on her finger was a ring.

A ring that shined like the stars.

Her eyes shimmered like the light off the ring.

I got down on one knee and asked her to share my soul.

The rest was pure magic.

Almost like a fairytale.

Never ending and never beginning.
I watch Penn and Teller's magic show on the CW. Well if I had a magician friend this is how I would propose. It would be awesome! This trick would be legen- wait for it- dary! I think if I could pull this off it would blow my mind like smoke and mirrors kind of craziness.
I sometimes think about how I'd propose to the One and this is one of my top favorite ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...