Skip to main content

What I wanted! Do I still want it!

"I want three things in life; Love, Liberty and Death. Love 'cause I have this belief that she is out there for me, Liberty because no matter if we hate this government I am still free and Death 'cause my legacy will one day be great and I wont need this world."

When I was 22 years old, I would joke about retiring at 25 years of age while working as a key holder in an ice cream store. I also believed in love but didn't know what it really was and I often said I wanted to die before I was old and wrinkly. I've also have O.D. once and that was my wake up call sometime around '09 to '11, it's hazy the time line. I've pretty much blocked it out just that it happened is all that matters and that it wont ever again.

So I've fallen in love with this amazing woman who is so much like me yet so different but in good ways. I don't ever want the connection we share with anyone ever again, it seriously scares me sometimes. For example she felt my anxiety one night at work, it was so intense it scared her and I naturally felt so horrible for putting it on her. So I believe that I've found her, the love of my life, while separated at this moment, I have hope that we will be back together someday.

Liberty, I love my freedom this country grants us. It's going through some rough patches at the moment but I'd rather be free to vote, have free speech and carry a gun to protect myself if I so choose. There's other things that we take for granted but we are still a nation of free peoples.

Do I welcome Death? When God deems it my time, I will go. Do I want to die before I build a legacy, no. I want to have a son or a daughter and place them in the arms of my mom before she dies.
If that happens it would be great but if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.

To tie these thoughts together,  I joked often or was very serious about becoming a monk if I kept getting hurt romantically because I want more than anything to share my heart and soul with her, the one I'm supposed to be with for an eternity. Do I want to die before that happens, I do not. I do not want to attempt to take my life ever again, it was the scariest and most surreal moment in my life to wake up a day later still alive. I have so much to live for and offer to her, my community, family and God.

Things that keep me going daily, love - my heart song - I wake up with a song in my heart each morning, it's amazing. Also having so much music at my fingertips helps me go on through the day and escape my own menagerie that is my mind. Knowing I can pray at anytime and anywhere to a living breathing God for things that help protect others and grant peace is an amazing sensation.

I love life, it may not be perfect but it's mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Advice to a Dear Friend

Joshua: "How's work?" Erin: "Can't complain. Running my team today. I get nervous. Learning curve" Joshua: "Oh... Hun, you got this!" “Inevitably we find ourselves tackling too many things at the same time, spreading our focus so thin that nothing gets the attention it deserves. This is commonly referred to as "being busy." Being busy, however, is not the same thing as being productive.” ― Ryder Carroll, The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future   Joshua: "I'm looking up quotes about multitasking but everyone seems to have issues with it. So my advice is to just focus on the task at hand and move on to the next." "If they need something and you need something as far as learning, just ask questions." Erin: On her iPhone, loves the quote. In my head slacker... hahaha! Just kidding. Erin: "I love your advice. Now that's legit boss guidance, thanks."

A Heart Bright Like the Sun

When I came to this crossroad, I met this lovely young lady. She had no face and I could only see her soul. I knelt down beside her and said how is your soul is so radiant? She said when you center yourself, you enter the state of allowing yourself to see all that is good and evil. She was the one meant for me and her soul was as bright as the sun. I took the road to the left and never saw her again. The next day I came back and there was no light at the crossroad but a black heart. What is the moral of the story? This is how I feel. No one is for certain who you will meet at each crossroad of our lives. Don't lose a chance to make something out of each crossroad. Then I picked up that heart put it in the pocket on my sleeve and wore it there for all the world to see. I walked across a tiny wooden bridge where I met a man with no soul just a mangled face. We spoke about the people on this road. We talked till sunset. He said I can give you what you nee

She Said

 I would like to think that I'm Spiritual, not religious but I read the religious text called the Bible. I also believe in love and I know that there are definitions of what love is versus what I've been showing to my last girlfriend.  1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; She read the greatest love and understood it to be about my love of first sight relationship or in retrospect the girlfriend it's about. The greatest love isn't about said girl but about the feelings around it and they can't be recreated because we are all different people. I understand that that relationship has ended, I hold on to the hope that there can be a love-at-first-sight relationship again. It doesn't have to actually happen but I want to look at the woman I love every day with that feeling. Because in that relationship the feeling went away, and I