Skip to main content

What I wanted! Do I still want it!

"I want three things in life; Love, Liberty and Death. Love 'cause I have this belief that she is out there for me, Liberty because no matter if we hate this government I am still free and Death 'cause my legacy will one day be great and I wont need this world."

When I was 22 years old, I would joke about retiring at 25 years of age while working as a key holder in an ice cream store. I also believed in love but didn't know what it really was and I often said I wanted to die before I was old and wrinkly. I've also have O.D. once and that was my wake up call sometime around '09 to '11, it's hazy the time line. I've pretty much blocked it out just that it happened is all that matters and that it wont ever again.

So I've fallen in love with this amazing woman who is so much like me yet so different but in good ways. I don't ever want the connection we share with anyone ever again, it seriously scares me sometimes. For example she felt my anxiety one night at work, it was so intense it scared her and I naturally felt so horrible for putting it on her. So I believe that I've found her, the love of my life, while separated at this moment, I have hope that we will be back together someday.

Liberty, I love my freedom this country grants us. It's going through some rough patches at the moment but I'd rather be free to vote, have free speech and carry a gun to protect myself if I so choose. There's other things that we take for granted but we are still a nation of free peoples.

Do I welcome Death? When God deems it my time, I will go. Do I want to die before I build a legacy, no. I want to have a son or a daughter and place them in the arms of my mom before she dies.
If that happens it would be great but if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.

To tie these thoughts together,  I joked often or was very serious about becoming a monk if I kept getting hurt romantically because I want more than anything to share my heart and soul with her, the one I'm supposed to be with for an eternity. Do I want to die before that happens, I do not. I do not want to attempt to take my life ever again, it was the scariest and most surreal moment in my life to wake up a day later still alive. I have so much to live for and offer to her, my community, family and God.

Things that keep me going daily, love - my heart song - I wake up with a song in my heart each morning, it's amazing. Also having so much music at my fingertips helps me go on through the day and escape my own menagerie that is my mind. Knowing I can pray at anytime and anywhere to a living breathing God for things that help protect others and grant peace is an amazing sensation.

I love life, it may not be perfect but it's mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS, I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent.  Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day.  I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there e...