Skip to main content

No Words


No Words

There are no sounds today.

Stirring awake as I take breaths of pure oxygen.

I’ve lost my will to speak.

I think I’m going crazy.

 I look at you while falling from grace.

Our hands slip as we fall away from each other.

I still would rather not make a peep.

No sounds, no fears.

We are slipping away down a dismal hole.

Tiny spikes will impale us.

I think I should have warned you.

But I let us fall and we were barely grazed.

Landing on the hard cold ground.

Feeling free of life’s iron grip, you lean over my body.

You hold me and begin to open your mouth.

I motion with my last bit of energy.

I know, I know and cover your lips with my finger.

Lying in your arms, I pass away.

Covered in your tears, you close my eyes.

I am free.
I like this poem that I wrote because it's strong. Its message is that sometimes I want to be the hero even until death. I saved that other person's life in this poem. I was struggling finding the meaning of this poem after writing it in 2013. It's very interesting to go back and look at what I wrote and trying to remember what happened then. In death there is freedom and many cultures celebrate life and death as a unity. The creation of life is celebrated and then we go through life learning and finding out what makes us tick. Well it's joy and pain, which come in many forms, so in death we are free of pain in any aspect. I think back to my little brother Jasper, when he passed away he was released from his human shackles of an imperfect body that was full of pain. So I'm not afraid of death but I still don't want to just die. I look forward to it's freedom from this sometimes painful life.

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit filled vs religious vs spiritual

What is the difference between being religious, spiritual and spirit filled? Webster's dictionary says that being religious  is "relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity". Webster's dictionary says that being spiritual is "of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit or  concerned with religious values". According to the Collins English dictionary being spirit filled or the charismatic movement is this, " Christianity  any of various groups, within existing denominations, that emphasize communal prayer and the charismatic gifts of speaking in tongues, healing, etc". Here's my take on this, Jay Z said on  Watch the Throne, "You ain't gotta go to church to get to know yo' God" raps on the song Threat that he's killing people but it's a valid statement. I loved church, I guess but when life experiences change us as an young adult as in my bipolar manifestin...

Forgiveness for a lifetime and beyond!

"Forgiveness is that subtle thread that binds both love and friendship. Without forgiveness, you may not even have a child one day." - George Foreman I've seen what love at first sight is and love at first click. I'm going to say that I will never pick love at first sight. Love is a hard thing to grasp and a hard place to be. It takes work and time to nurture. I've had infatuation and lust relationships too. I've been used for emotional and a rebound needs. I have a big heart and I forgive easily. I was chasing this amazing woman who didn't know how to love again nor did she want to. We clicked that night and into the morning having deep conversations. I knew I wanted to be with her regardless of her situation which probably wasn't the best idea ever but there were a few times she would push me a way till she let me inside her walls. It takes a big heart to forgive a lot of pain. I wasn't ready to give up hope on her. Now we are at crossroads an...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...