Skip to main content

Like Me, Like I, Like You, Like Us

 

Like Me, Like I, Like You, Like Us

I cannot get enough of you,

We made so many sandcastles, growing up.

Now I am mad when I think about those sandcastles.

You smashed the very first one.

Should have given up on us after that.

Then I realized that the tide would have just done the same.

Faced the fact that you really liked me

when I when I made that decision to be your friend or did you make the decision to be my friend.

Who cares things are not always perfect like that day but going forward

I really like the way we are.


This poem is about my best friend leaving me in 2011 but it was written in 2012. It kind of foreshadowed the future that exists now. We are best friends and bros again. It means the world to me that he is in my life. I’m very proud of who we have become and things came around.

Popular posts from this blog

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

I'm the Oldest Damn It!

What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude. -Brené Brown I was told that my siblings don't want a relationship with me because I at some point said in a way that I'm the oldest and I deserve respect. When you are in your twenties you're dumb as bricks when it comes to common sense. Obviously being who I am and my DNA, I would be heated a little. I've grown up a lot since I was in my 20's. I moved to back to Syracuse to form a relationship with my biological family. It obviously didn't work because I'm the black sheep and it's okay even if it hurts my biological dad. I don't know if they all the abuse and who he was before he was their father. Now he's a 180% different man and they are lucky. I didn't get that opportunity that they were privileged with. God's power has the ability to change even the most wicked men. I'm thankful for God's grace because many instances I'd be dead. He poured out his grace and mer...