Skip to main content

She Said

 I would like to think that I'm Spiritual, not religious but I read the religious text called the Bible. I also believe in love and I know that there are definitions of what love is versus what I've been showing to my last girlfriend. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;


She read the greatest love and understood it to be about my love of first sight relationship or in retrospect the girlfriend it's about. The greatest love isn't about said girl but about the feelings around it and they can't be recreated because we are all different people. I understand that that relationship has ended, I hold on to the hope that there can be a love-at-first-sight relationship again. It doesn't have to actually happen but I want to look at the woman I love every day with that feeling. Because in that relationship the feeling went away, and I'll I had was a longing for that feeling again. I want to never go to bed angry, sad, crying, pissed off, or hurt when I say the words I love you to that woman.


I do love this woman very much and there's pain between us. There's a bond that I hope will continue. She's one of the most creative, insightful, passionate, Italians I know and a mom. She struggles, so do most single parents. She also has her own struggles and that's okay, we all do. I do know that she loves me but we don't show it sometimes when we get into arguments and turns into hurt and shouting or hanging up which is wrong. I don't think I've ever had my buttons pushed so much by a girlfriend and I liken the angst of the relationship to the previous one, unfortunately. 


I don't want to make this negative at heart. I care about everything this woman does in and out of my life. She is so talented as mentioned before. I think she deserves the world or at least to be Dutchess of San Fransico. 


I have been irritable and I don't want to be resentful. In the last relationship before her, I have no love for that woman. She was an alcoholic and belligerent towards me in front of her own children. She called me a liar and tried to disprove my bipolar. 


I would love to be in Renee's life for the future in whatever capacity that would benefit us where I still can be emotional support. 


“Love is knowing that your feet carry you to a painful place, and still go anyway.”
― Mitta Xinindlu


I'd like to know that I'll still love her even if we don't have anything to do with each other. I don't want a continuation of painful relationships that string together more pain and hurt. I hate cycles and I believe that sometimes there can be a harmonious ending. No matter what happens with our hearts, I want her to know that I have the best intentions. I don't believe in bringing more harm to those already in pain or bringing pain into people's lives that would cause them to stumble. I do take responsibility for a wake of destruction that ends relationships because it takes two to make the relationship end. I want to know that my feet walk in a loving manner and that I am my own priority, my heart, and my destiny. 

Popular posts from this blog

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

I'm the Oldest Damn It!

What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude. -Brené Brown I was told that my siblings don't want a relationship with me because I at some point said in a way that I'm the oldest and I deserve respect. When you are in your twenties you're dumb as bricks when it comes to common sense. Obviously being who I am and my DNA, I would be heated a little. I've grown up a lot since I was in my 20's. I moved to back to Syracuse to form a relationship with my biological family. It obviously didn't work because I'm the black sheep and it's okay even if it hurts my biological dad. I don't know if they all the abuse and who he was before he was their father. Now he's a 180% different man and they are lucky. I didn't get that opportunity that they were privileged with. God's power has the ability to change even the most wicked men. I'm thankful for God's grace because many instances I'd be dead. He poured out his grace and mer...