Skip to main content

On the Warpath to Love

 On The Warpath to Love

I have never fasted before.

I am considering it for the journey is long.

I have thought that the journey will be the easiest part.

The preparations are the struggle.

Being without what I need has become just the everyday.

I haven’t really been loved in a few years.

Not as much as not loved but in love.

Saying and feeling how I feel are two different things.

I could have given up when others have given up on me.

I feel sad but not discouraged.

Even though you have gone away you are close to my heart.

When I see you, you will be the one who will be the most surprised.

I already feel my heart growing fonder and bigger.

Pumping more blood and feeling stronger for you.

It’s been a few days and I’m already inspired to write for you.

We said, “We have love for each other”.

It is true.

I will break free of any fears to bring you back.

It is true.

There are no truer words than “I love you”.

I march a twenty-eight day trek to bring you back.

I will survive the warpath.

I wrote this in 2015 after a few years of trying to date and self learning about myself. I want to be in love. I believe that there is love for everyone who wants to be loved. We need our love languages spoken and received as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...