Skip to main content

Scarowinds Version 1 - The Playground

Lyx Nyx the Falling of a Rising Star

So it was game day, just another day for McKyner Our Lady of the Faith Assembly. After the season opener last week that was such an amazing success my team was riding high on euphoric dreams of season championship talks. Oh we were arrogant as we should be.
That night the cannon shot, we sprinted through the banner, all of us. Cheerleaders leading us into battle, Oh want an amazing site, school spirit at it's best.
My name was Zayne "Lyx" Nyx, the Rising Star the local papers called me, before the tragic accident that night, I was normal, well on the outside. All my childhood I struggled to hide my obsession with my cuts. Always picking the scabs I inflicted, intentionally or accidently... I had seen many shrinks, my parents deemed this abnormal behavior. Until I could hide it yet it always consumed me. So I was as the aforementioned the Rising Star of MOL of the Faith Assembly, and oh was I amazing Leading our school to victory almost every game each season since my sophomore year. So getting to that fateful night, the night that changed my world and the world of my school mates for ever.
We had won our game against our rival school. Then most of us went to party and celebrate our victory. We went to the elementary school down the road and cracked open the box of cigars we had gotten on our senior trip to the Bahamas. Some of the guys on the squad snuck in some liquor and we proceeded to act like we had won the Super Bowl.
Which in the following weeks would have been a reoccurring theme.
Later that night some of the guys and some of the cheerleaders broke into the rival schools playground, graffiti'd the place and left the place a mess. While playing around a Hazmat truck swerved off the road (the driver had fallen asleep) and smashed through the fence.  Every one but I and this crazy cheerleader had gotten out. Toxic ooze gushed out of the truck. The barrels shooting through the air, I tripped and smacked my head into the metal slide and knocking me unconscious. Ooze covering my body, the Cheerleader( for sake of naming and copyright infringement, Sally, no one likes to get sued), wiped me down and in contact the ooze contaminated her too...
I woke up to find Sally crying her eyes out on top of the play fort. Comforting her and letting her know that we could never go back. It was some time there and waited for people to find us, no one came. With no food we decided that we would consume the driver like cannibalistic beasts. Time passed we mutated more, more deranged, slinking out, to check on our old school during games from afar. Later on other children from our school and surrounding schools frequented the playground and some stayed and became deranged like us...
Beckoning small children to enter the toxic drenched play zone to never be seen again.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...