Skip to main content

State of the Mind Address

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” - unknown

People give me shit about staying at Rooftop 210 or in BMG for as long as I did. I'm a very hopeful individual, I would like to believe that people will look out for you when you're the hardest worker in the industry. I could not succeed in a company that wouldn't allow me to be anything greater than a barback. From the 19th of March til today I have lived the struggle of transitioning into a normal life. I've had sleep anxiety for months during the time I was at Rooftop til even now, I wake up screaming and sweating. It's quite detrimental to one's psychological state of mind, the amount of emotional abuse I took and I felt less love from those I sought acceptance from. I was passed up for bartender and had another barback placed in a leadership role who talked down to me. Never again...

Now onto where my heart is, it's in pain. I shouldn't have been in an affair but I have no regrets. I feel like I ruined someone's life because we were reckless. My mind, body and heart are so torn. My mind is not winning the battle to move on. My heart is so tough that my soul has teamed up against my mind. I want to love her for forever and I will. I don't move on easily it's very hard.  As we used to say, "I want her, need her and crave her."

Now am I happier in life? I am, it's like a weight off my soul being out of the service industry, while it's still tough like I stated before, I am happy. I feel like I'm on the right track to my path that I'm supposed to be on despite people trying to have me do what they want for me.

How I feel about my family... I'm alone... I call my parents twice a day sometimes. I haven't really spoken with my sister in a few weeks for whatever reason she doesn't feel like talking with me, right now. I didn't know my niece's birthday was happening and I missed it so I sent a text to my sister in law about it. Being alone is horrible and all I need next is to have a family again.

I have tons of people in my life but I feel alone still... and feel very disconnected.

It's an interesting combination: Having a great fear of being alone, and having a desperate need for solitude and the solitary experience. That's always been a tug of war for me. - Jodi Foster

Popular posts from this blog

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...