Skip to main content

Into the Mirror

 

Into the Mirror

There was a mirror sitting in the old dusty attic.

It could tell stories but save that for tales of Snow White.

There was a sheet protecting it from receiving any more memories.

It was sturdy and reached towards the ceiling.

Full of emotions that can be felt today.

The sheet moved; I heard a slight clinking with a sway of a rosery.

The perfect beginning to every day started at the pointed corner.

Mirrors trap everything even if you’re not using them,

It takes in all of life that passes it.

It recalls prayers at the foot of the bed,

You were raised to clutch that symbol.

It stopped meaning something.

The bombs dropped.

That rosery was left on that corner.

You didn’t need that symbol.

Somehow, I get that.

The world never knows us alive when we’re not famous,

The world will never remember us either after we’re gone.

As that doesn’t matter, just the souls that join in heaven.

Long after you’re gone and my children ask about their Grandma,

I’ll tell them of the mirror.

Of how She prayed on her knees for the souls that she reached.

They were never ceasing and not unheard,

Always consistent,

For her family and as others she loved.

I’ll tell them about her dancing in the lavender fields,

The sprigs of lavender woven in her braids.

I’ll tell them of your love for our Savior and Lord.


I wrote this for a friend's mom and I have never written something for someone else to gift. I am very proud of how this turned out and how much my friend liked this poem.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Things I Think About!

Things I think about: Turtles, they hide in their shells when frightened. Is it true? I'll have to look it up on the internet. If it's on the internet does it make it true, only if it's from a credible source? What makes that source credible? Hmmm... ... I wish I had chosen history as my degree instead of marketing then I could have pretended to teach those who in reality would be teaching me but should I give credit to Roger for that? If I were to get scared while teaching I could just put my head in my desk and have a web cam in my desk so the kids could see me and continue to teach... lol! If I were a bubble boy turned into a man in bubble would I have to have disability accommodations for stupidity? If I were a bubble man I would have a van with the front seats taken out and a curved ramp that would pull out so I could park and roll out of the van when I get to my destination. If I were a teacher in a bubble... -April 26th, 2016 I love school... wait f...