Skip to main content

What Christmas Means to Me Now

I started praying to God that he'd take my Mom home to heaven. She kept saying that she wanted to go back home to Zephyrhills with Dad but I knew from her long battle that she needed to go home to heaven.

She was a humble prayer warrior and a mighty advocate for justice. She's my inspiration for caring about people even though it gets me in trouble. She was a great entertainer that liked to host gatherings at home with family and friends. She was a writer and artist. She was a kind and compassionate teacher of many children over the years. She took in many foster kids and adopted two special ones. There's a void in my life without her and I miss her.

She was in so much pain and I'm glad she's in heaven. When she passed away after Christmas it was horrible for me. I cried myself to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night to feel her gone and I cried myself to sleep again. I didn't think I was going to get to go to her funeral because of a lack of money. Some really awesome friends helped me out and wouldn't let me pay them back. I'm really grateful that I got to see my family, give a eulogy, and make a tribute video. Then a year later I had to bury Mom here in Charlotte and it was like a knife cut an unhealed wound open again. I am glad that I had new meds and a different outlook on this. I asked friends of the family and some of my new family here if they would come. I'm grateful they came to honor her: and my mentor and friend gave a beautiful prayer.

Christmas was a special time for mom and our family, because when I was taken away from them and sent back to my bio dad at 5 and they kept Christmas up till they got me back. When the kids were all grown i.e. me being the last... She decorated the tree as she saw fit, frilly and oh so girly as she deserved with clear lights and multi-colored lights outdoors. We had those lawn ornaments from wherever and I'd have to put them out because they needed stakes. I gave her so much crap about them because lawn ornaments, no matter how much you spent on them seem to just fall apart. Dad would always cringe when they'd show up in the back seat of Mom's Sebring.

When she passed away it was the hardest Christmas ever that I've ever had not getting to spend it with them since they moved to Florida in 2013. I really shouldn't have gone out to a little party for NYE because I was so gone and I was very detached from the present. I am so grateful that I had so much outpouring of love from many of you that it helped.

She was an amazing person outside of being a mom. She really showed me how to keep an identity and be a parent at the same time. Tuesday morning, I saw a cardinal and I wanted to chase it, it was just sitting across from the stairs on my floor but I just carefully observed it as it looked at me and I thought, thank you for being my Mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Advice to a Dear Friend

Joshua: "How's work?" Erin: "Can't complain. Running my team today. I get nervous. Learning curve" Joshua: "Oh... Hun, you got this!" “Inevitably we find ourselves tackling too many things at the same time, spreading our focus so thin that nothing gets the attention it deserves. This is commonly referred to as "being busy." Being busy, however, is not the same thing as being productive.” ― Ryder Carroll, The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future   Joshua: "I'm looking up quotes about multitasking but everyone seems to have issues with it. So my advice is to just focus on the task at hand and move on to the next." "If they need something and you need something as far as learning, just ask questions." Erin: On her iPhone, loves the quote. In my head slacker... hahaha! Just kidding. Erin: "I love your advice. Now that's legit boss guidance, thanks."

A Heart Bright Like the Sun

When I came to this crossroad, I met this lovely young lady. She had no face and I could only see her soul. I knelt down beside her and said how is your soul is so radiant? She said when you center yourself, you enter the state of allowing yourself to see all that is good and evil. She was the one meant for me and her soul was as bright as the sun. I took the road to the left and never saw her again. The next day I came back and there was no light at the crossroad but a black heart. What is the moral of the story? This is how I feel. No one is for certain who you will meet at each crossroad of our lives. Don't lose a chance to make something out of each crossroad. Then I picked up that heart put it in the pocket on my sleeve and wore it there for all the world to see. I walked across a tiny wooden bridge where I met a man with no soul just a mangled face. We spoke about the people on this road. We talked till sunset. He said I can give you what you nee

She Said

 I would like to think that I'm Spiritual, not religious but I read the religious text called the Bible. I also believe in love and I know that there are definitions of what love is versus what I've been showing to my last girlfriend.  1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; She read the greatest love and understood it to be about my love of first sight relationship or in retrospect the girlfriend it's about. The greatest love isn't about said girl but about the feelings around it and they can't be recreated because we are all different people. I understand that that relationship has ended, I hold on to the hope that there can be a love-at-first-sight relationship again. It doesn't have to actually happen but I want to look at the woman I love every day with that feeling. Because in that relationship the feeling went away, and I