Skip to main content

Just a Bunch of Thoughts that Lead to Somewhere

This is just a bunch of thoughts. They are interconnected on the basis that Facebook has a thing called timeline and it made me think at 2:30 am in the friggin morning. It helped me be grateful for where I've been and where I'm going.

I've been in Charlotte since 1995, wow! I love this city and I've had a wild time here. I've made a ton of friends and if you ask this shy kid in 2003, would have ever touched so many lives and met so many amazing people, I'd have shit myself. Hahaha! I've worked for companies, left and been asked to rejoin them. I've had three recommendations to the police academy before I started CPCC. I've graduated high school from United Faith and I struggled with college and I overcame obstacles to get two Associates degrees and I'm working on getting a bachelor's degree again because it just didn't happen. I've had my heartbroken and had it pieced back together, a handful of times. I've played for the Junior Checkers Hockey Team in high school and a Who's Who Among American Highschool Students recipient. I was Ace and Tj's Intern Mocha at one time. I've been blessed to call this place my home even after my parents moved to Florida and left me here. Hahaha. In 2009 -'10 I thought I was dying, I had pink eye twice, mono, a sternoclavicular injury from MMA and the flu. I've had struggles and overcome abuse in the forms of physical and emotional. I've prayed for my abuser and seen miracles that a man who was like Saul became Paul. I've buried my younger brother Jasper when he was 13 and flew to Florida for a funeral to bury my Mom a year later back here Charlotte in 2019. I've been social media assassinated with my character on trial and I have wanted to end it all. I'm in love with life and I'm a huge romantic. I look back at everything that I have done and all of you that I've met and many more that will come and I'm proud in a good way.

Who would have thought that a lowly barback would start a charity and have two unMasquerade Balls and still spell it wrong on the souvenir mugs! I look forward to eventually getting The Jasper Tree funded and graduate with a first Bachelor's degree in a few years in special education. I want to be married someday and have a little me. And still, I have a disease that people are afraid of or manipulate against me.

I'm not southern but I might as well be called a southern gentleman by now, I'm a published poet, blogger, and artist. I believe in celebrating the past and learning from our mistakes and moving forward, even if I struggle until I move forward. I wanted to die this week because of so much pain that will pass but needs to be addressed from here till I heal. Suicide isn't the answer and I know that and I'm the first one to say it and my friends have voiced that into my heart. I've been hurt as a voiceless and protected those who've had no voice.

I'll get through this just like everything else. Trust me, it might not be graceful but it's gonna get done. I have such a big heart and big dreams that are obtainable. I've been told don't talk about your mental illness people don't want to hear about it or abuse. I have even found out which apple tree I fell from this year. I want to do so much more good and bring happiness to people's lives because people have helped me and my family and it takes a village of therapists, pharmacists, and psychiatrists to help me somedays. Hahaha! I struggled writing this because of what happened in '08 when I actually tried to end it, I know the consequences and the ripples that will be felt. Never stop believing and having big dreams. Never stop loving people around you especially in these times.

~ One Love
p.s. I have forgotten a huge thing about my sobriety and the huge impact it's been in my life for 3.5 years.

Popular posts from this blog

Manners

Manners P’s and Q’s. We hear about do’s and don’ts. Where’s my five dollars a man screams out the bus window. The kid sending his father off to the mines,   Says look in your box. Don’t look past the future. We should name our children after gods, prophets and philosophers. Not cars, cereal or carnal pleasures. Flip flop for a second. Hold my hand. Grow old with me she says softly. Leave me alone she screams. It’s over we know. Ride free, flip the handle bars of life and pop a superman. We know some of us struggle.   Who said you get a fighting chance. Think about it   You could have been somewhere else. Today is the best time to be born. Mind your manners. You could have been snuffed out. Hold your hand out and shout. Don’t be too proud to give away those five dollars. You might need it down the road. This was just a fun poem about how life is fast and jumbled sometimes. As it being a mess, we s...

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...