Skip to main content

The Curious Case of the Three Taylor's

“Remember that good things come in threes and so do bad things and always apologize when you’ve done something wrong but don’t you ever apologize for the way your eyes refuse to stop shining.” - Sarah Kay

I would like to talk about dating but in a lesson kind of way. Some people say that they won't date another person again with the same name, date certain people with a certain name, or date someone with a family member's name. There's all kinds of criteria people have for what they want in a mate and it could be anything from superficial things to intrinsic qualities.

Once upon a time, I dated three women named Taylor. There was Taylor the Redhead, who was my love at first sight, Taylor the Blonde and Taylor the Last. If you've read my blog Taylor the Redhead was as I said was my love at first sight. I loved her and my Mom loved her. When Mom loves her and you love her, that's the woman you have to marry. 

Taylor the Blonde came next. I remember meeting her through friends and I asked her out for a date. She was very beautiful and very chill. I remember picking her up at home and doing the gentleman things, knock on the door, open the car door, and then the not so gentlemen thing too. I had road rage at the time and it was bad. Yeah, it was not pretty but the date to Dish it Out, which is a place I strongly recommend for a first date. The date was awesome and we had a good time painting but the potty mouth road rage just was a turn off for her. I totally get it and I quickly set to try and change it. I did get a chance to apologize when I found out that I wasn't getting a second date. I happened to be in tune with myself then, being an empath. The moral of the story is I was a jackass and that's not who I wanted to be. I think I have seen posts on Facebook memories about how I felt bad that I wrecked a date with a really awesome chick.

The last Taylor I dated was this chick from Ohio and she was as cool as they come. She was super relaxed and that's the kind of chick I needed. I met her at the Whisky River here in Charlotte. I really can't recall who initiated. I remember seeing this really cute chick with a glow and kinky hair. I believe I walked her to her car after the club closed because the club closes at 2 am. We had this off and on chemistry that was really weird to pinpoint somedays. We had good conversations and we liked each other a lot but what it came down to is we both liked our significant others to not look like ourselves. We both wanted to date white people. We went on a date that I find funny and have pictures of still. I find it very funny because I have been on a couple of dates to Reedy Creek Park and I find that it's a really magical spot.

All these years of dating, I have used dating apps and have been meeting women the natural way of just out and about but I always have an aversion to dating another woman who shares the name of girls I have been on a date with or a girlfriend from the past. These three Taylors were very different and were at different timelines of my life that were relatively close. My friend Christina said that maybe I should give dating girls a chance with the same names because as seen here they aren't the same people. I feel that certain women that still share the same name have similar characteristics. I feel like I should stick to my philosophy after getting over 'the case of the Taylors'. Maybe one day the one might have a similar name from a romantic instance in the past and I'll have to just answer the call of my heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes for different friends?

"Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are." - unknown Irreplaceable - "adjective incapable of being replaced; unique: an irreplaceable vase." I have few things in life that I'd consider friends, music... okay maybe just music. Why just music, well I don't have a doggy companion to love on. Music is the number one tangible thug that never let's me down. When I'm angry or sad it can lift my to the heavens or bring me all this emotional energy that I need to survive. Now on to people, my unique friendships, some have been with some amazing people. My childhood neighborhood friends well those that have lasted the test of ptsd and forgetting some of you. My roommate and I have been friends for 13 years, he's irreplaceable in that he is what I've come to need in life a strong, level headed and extremely compassionate friend. How he teaches me to be appreciative of wha...

Music my lover!

I love music and it was used to hurt me. Music is my friend, I've always looked to it for motivation, ways to open my heart to new ideas and heal the pain. Music is my lover, my mother that draws me into the eternal planes of her bosom. I've never broken up with someone with music but it happened to me. While I am hurt by it, Music can never be ripped from my soul. I'll say it Music, you betrayed me, I share you with so many and you walk away from me. You say, Joshua, are you okay? I'll never leave music, my soul is clothed and tied to my heart that beats like a steel drum on Kingston's streets. It's fuel, she's a fire that allows me to be creative. Just as I paint my soul onto a canvas, I pour my heart out in words... words that can inspire love or evoke hate. I've never wanted to make anyone hate anyone or me for that matter. Love is what I have to give to the world, it comes out through all the pain or self inflicted torture. I won't walk away ...

Letter of Pain to CATS

To CATS, I'd like to tell you a few things. I get up very early like many other people to ride this transit system. Today, not being the first day, on route 27 I was passed. I'm sure the bus was full but I wasn't even acknowledged and I was looking right at the bus. Luckily I was waiting for a while because the buses are so inconsistent.  Also the bus the goes outbound for the 27 has been moved to detour. For a few times last month I was passed and had to walk home. I was even passed at night time and had to walk home at 11 pm. As it were, I didn't have time on a Sunday to wait 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily that is my short trip from the Metropolitan to Briar creek, I can't imagine how much more frustrated people who live at the end feel. Oh and I even took the 15 once to get off near Laurel and but through Elizabeth but ended up getting lost because the 27 bus passed me. I was so irate that day.  I feel my route is the most inconsistent route, I get out there e...